Will there be a season? The Lincoln Youth Football Board is currently operating under the assumption that we will have a Fall football season. However, considering the fluid nature of the global health situation, we are prepared to refund ALL registration fees in the event that the season must be cancelled.
2019 7th/8th-grade-combined TVYFL division champions Lincoln Cardinals with Head Coach Brian Hendren
Football is a fun physical activity that builds strength, speed, agility, and coordination. It promotes strategic thinking and camaraderie. Whether you were the MVP at your previous school or you’ve never laced up a pair of cleats in your life, there’s a place for everyone at LINCOLN YOUTH FOOTBALL.
LYF has flag-based and tackle-based programs open to K-8th graders who are enrolled in the Lincoln High School feeder school district and the local private schools. We compete with matching age-group teams from Portland, Tualitan Valley, and the Salem metropolitan area. The season runs from early August thru late October with after-school practices 3x weekly and all games played on Saturdays.
Click through the tabs and pages of this site to learn everything you need to know about Lincoln Youth Football and our governing organization, the Tualitan Valley Youth Football League. If you still have questions when you’re done, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com
All shapes • All sizes • All skill levels • All genders
LYF has a position for everybody
Everyone who meets practice requirements gets to play
- Learn the fundamentals of this exciting game
- Get in shape
- Become a team player
- Make new friends
- Prove to yourself and your family what you can really do!
Lincoln Youth Football makes every effort to promote sportsman-like conduct and to emphasize respect for ourselves and our competing teams. Like any athletic endeavor, bruises and sprains can be part of the process and are a built-in risk. However, at LYF we take the long-term safety of our players as our highest priority. Here are some guidelines we follow:
• Pre-season baseline concussion testing is required for all 7th and 8th grade players. We have a partnership with The Portland Clinic to provide this testing free of charge. Testing for 5th and 6th graders is optional, but also recommended. Please call 503-293-0161 ext. 4036 to schedule your child's testing. You may also visit a licensed testing provider of your choice.
• LYF teaches USA Football's Heads Up techniques to improve player safety.
• LYF teaches tackling with Safe Tackle Rings to reduce player on player contact during practice.
• LYF uses standard Concussion Return to Play Guidelines.